Wednesday 6 May 2009

Special Olympics Bazaar

On 3rd May 2009, I went to the Special Olympics (SO) Bazaar at the VIP car park of the national stadium. I got there at about 9.30am and there were loads of people!




There was a small crowd of people moving from one place to another, which I later found out was HRH Princess Azemah, gracing us with her presence, visiting every booth and interacting with the people. I managed to take a photo of her before moving on to other booths. The princess is the royal patron for Special Olympics Brunei.



I was more eager to learn about the Special Olympics now that I am somewhat closer to it. I used to hear bits and pieces about an Olympics specially for those with disabilities. The Special Olympics has a Young Athletes Program where youth with intellectual disabilities can partake in "developing physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and community." - Special Olympics, Brunei.







The Foodie bloggers' recipe book was an excellent idea initiated by Senor Pablo with the help of blogger friends, compiled a list of recipes offering a range from appetizers, main courses, snacks and desserts. It's such a great gift for our SSEAYP friends, I thought! So, I got one for C's mum.


This is Maw with a storm trooper.


BPY08 buying a few as gifts.


Magic show for the children


Coin posing with the poster


Coin showing children magic


Handmade cards for sale


Selling dvds and second-hand books


Selling handicrafts


Tiny aquariums are on sale too!


Knocking off a pillar of cans game


Some sort of joust


Bowling with coconuts, hahaha!


Horse riding


No comments: