Tuesday 17 March 2009

Children Learn What They Live by Dorothy Law Nolte

I came across a beautiful poem that was featured on the Asian Geographic Magazine which bigR bought. I scoured for it at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand on my way back because this issue highlights Asian youths, which is the very reason of my being in Thailand. But, I couldn't find it. Instead, I found Gut Feelings by Gerd Gigerenzer, which I am excited to find time reading since it is related to my work.

Children Learn What They Live
by Dorothy Law Nolte
(Asian Geographic Magazine)
No.63 Issue 2/2009


If children live with hostility,
they learn to fight.
If children live with ridicule,
they learn to be shy.
If children live with tolerance,
they learn to be patient.
If children live with encouragement,
they learn confidence.
If children live with praise,
they learn to appreciate.
If children live with fairness,
they learn justice.
If children live with security,
they learn faith.
If children live with approval,
they learn to be like themselves.
If children live with acceptance and friendship,
they learn to find love in the world.

No comments: