Wednesday 24 June 2009

Waikiki Bar, Petaling Jaya

After dinner at the Asia Cafe food court, we headed to Waikiki Bar. Hidden away from the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur, lies a bar with thatched roof that had the most awesome band swooning me with their style of classic rock. The crowd are mostly working adults. It is an ideal place to hang out with friends and chill with the music. The ambience is laid back with no rules on dress code. The place was full by ten on a weekday. And, I can totally see why.

I was going on about how great the live band was the whole night and the following day. They truly were! They made beautiful music and sang with beautiful voices. They are a 3-person band but the way they were on their instruments sounded like they are more. Brilliant! I am sure the lead's name is Baday, who plays the harmonica, guitar, cymbals and several other instruments. There is a guy whom I'm guessing is Albert who plays the beat box. He probably switched to the other instruments for different songs, which I cannot tell as my view was blocked by the people at the bar. The last guy plays the electric guitar. I can't remember if he played anything else. But yeah, they are completely brilliant!

I had the mango daiquiris but the taste of mango was slight and I found the taste of alcohol too strong for me. The orange juice though made up for the not so enjoyable drink.

So, Waikiki Bar is the place to go with some good friends. I strongly recommend it as the must-go place when you're in KL. It's just away from everything else and with the music, it's perfect.

1st Floor (above DV8), Kelab Syabas, Lorong Sultan , Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Click here to view on Google Maps






No comments: