Monday 19 October 2009

Heading towards Bago

As we journeyed towards Bago, we saw many thatched houses. By the road side, there were stalls selling petrol. According to our guide, they had bought it at the petrol station and is reselling them at a price that's a little higher than original. These tiny stalls can become convenient fuel stops for drivers in need of fuel top-ups, which reminded me of the night when I went to Kuala Belait with not enough fuel to come back to bandar. In the end, I stopped at Tutong to call up some friends for help. Thank God a friend recommended me 24/7 Road Assist, which I didn't know there was such a thing!

The road was bumpy but we reached Bago within about an hour. And, here are some of the random photos I took along the way.

Thatched house


Another thatched house behind the trees


Heavily mended roads


Busy town of Bago


Public pick-up truck


Children just coming out of a school


Children playing around the tree


Man sitting on top of a pick-up truck full of plant shoots


A pottery shop


2 comments:

huge fan said...

Hi D,

Reading your blog makes a hard grievance heart smoothen. Nice and I like it. I wish I could travel like you do and appreciate the past living and surrounding nature.

I would like to see and challenge you to join the Amazing Race Asia? You could travel to lots of places and yet challenging the limit of physical and mental strength. Would you do it?

rabbit said...

Amazing Race Asia has crossed my mind many times! I'd love to join but there's just so many things to attend to right now. So, ARA have got to wait.

Trust me, there are a list of things I have yet to do before I die.. Hahahaha..

I'm glad you enjoy reading. Thank you for your comments. :)