Saturday 9 January 2010

Little Italy, Kota Kinabalu

After settling everything in the hotel, we got into the taxi to Little Italy to have dinner. It is a big restaurant, extending its space outside towards the building's corridor. And, it was packed! There were waiting customers studying the menu set by the side of the patio.

We got the attention of a waiter to help us get a table. Within 10 minutes, we got ourselves a table just by the roadside with a nice evening breeze wafting in every now and then.

I was looking for something different to eat and decided to try the house's special crespelle. I've never seen a pasta dish like this before and thought with the spinach and cheese, it ought to be really yummy!

The order took about 15 minutes to process, which I thought was impressive for a big and fully packed restaurant. And, the food was brilliant! I especially love the starter's platter and crespelle!

We spent the Christmas countdown at Best Entertainment Destination (B.E.D). There was a really awesome Filipino band playing. I enjoyed the energy of the place with the high-spirited band. As the countdown took place, I found myself thinking of my family since we usually go to the midnight church mass singing carols at this time.

Check out what New Sabah Times have to say about Little Italy; here and here.

Read reviews from Trip Advisor here.

I took this after dinner when the restaurant has quietened.


Starter's platter. The egg plant and zucchini were so yummy!


The calamari was alright.


Spinach crespelle is like rolled lassagne. It was so yummy! The pasta sheets were so soft and savoury with the cheese, mushroom and spinach.


Seafood spaghetti in soup was also delicious. J and I were stealing spoonfuls of the soup from D.


The seafood risotto was alright. I always think that risotto is the most difficult Italian dish to make deliciously. Because the rice becomes soggy, it must be a feat to make it tasty at the same time. So far, I haven't really tasted a really yummy risotto.


A Hawaiian pizza as the finale to our dinner. We were so stuffed and happy on a lovely Christmas Eve.



No comments: