Thursday 7 January 2010

Myne Hotel, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

The jingle bells were not ringing for me even after having sat for my FR (government administration) exams. Despite the missing festive mood, I felt so liberated. Yippy! Away from work!

While there were still several things to work on, I am grateful for the four days of holiday in the modestly busy city of Kota Kinabalu. I flew with three other friends, with Air Asia for a return flight fare of BND200. I guess it was a pretty good deal, having booked just only a month prior to departure.

D had booked us two twin rooms at Myne Hotel, which was extremely location friendly! The Centrepoint building was just next door. So was Imperial Hotel, where we purchased boat tickets to the islands. And, not to mention the hotel is located within Warisan Square, in the heart of shopping complexes and restaurants; the waterfront is just minutes of walk away where B.E.D (Best Entertainment Destination club) and KBox (karaoke lounge) are. For three nights, I shared a room with J and paid RM300.

While the room was a little small, I was much happy with its furnishing and interior design. The bathroom reminded me of Changi Airport's Transit Hotel though this one is way smaller. Other than space, I would say it is nicely furnished with facilities. They provided a hair dryer, fresh towels daily and hot water. They also replenished drinking water everyday. The LCD tv was awesome because J and I were often glued to it, watching National Geographic Channel, learning the Sun's geomagnetic storms and tunnel boring machines.

Another thing I like about Myne is security. As the hotel is sharing the common stairs with the other shops/ offices in the shopping complex, a locked door is installed at the entrance of the corridor on each floor to seal the hotel rooms away from the common areas.

The room door beeps when it is not closed properly. How I came to know this is because I couldn't get any sleep with the incessant beeping. At first, I thought it was the air-conditioning and fidgeted with the controls to make it stop. Finally, I thought it really couldn't be the door but gave it a push anyway to check. To my utter surprise, the door slammed shut! And, the whole time I was alone in the room and even took a shower with the bathroom door unlocked! I'm just glad that the corridor's door to the stairs and the lift has an auto-lock feature. :)


Christmas lights outside the hotel


Wall prints and painting with a goth edge


Dressing table and LCD tv


We got a double bedroom instead as the hotel was extremely full during Christmas season.


Bathroom with toiletry supplies, hair dryer, body and face towels.


Simple and nice shower cubicle


The hotel is made up of two blocks, A and B. Our room was in block B.


Another dark painting on earthy-coloured, textured wall paper


No comments: